Located: Sarazen Student Union
Contact: Judy Dougherty
1. Maintain a healthy iron level in your diet, by eating iron rich foods, such as red meat, fish, poultry, beans, spinach, iron-fortified cereals and raisins.
For a list of iron-rich foods go to http://www.redcrossblood.org/learn-about-blood/health-and-wellness/iron-rich-foods
2. Hydrate – drink an extra 16 oz of liquid before and after your donation
3. Get a good night's sleep.
4. Have a healthy meal before your donation – Avoid fatty foods, such as hamburgers, fries or ice cream before donating.
5. If you are a platelet donor, remember that your system must befree of aspirin for two days prior to donation.
6. Remember to bring your donor card, driver's license or another form of ID.