Globalization on the Web
- Global Policy Forum http://www.globalpolicy.org/visitctr/about.htm
GPF is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization, with consultative status at the UN. Founded in 1993 by an international group of concerned citizens, GPF works with partners around the world to strengthen international law and create a more equitable and sustainable global society. GPF uses a holistic approach, linking peace and security with economic justice and human development, and we place a heavy emphasis on networking to build broad coalitions for research, action and advocacy. We put our energy into well-focused and unique programs in which GPF has a special analytical and organizational edge. GPF’s main office is strategically located across the street from UN headquarters in New York. GPF also has a European office, located in Bonn, Germany.
- The George Foundation. http://www.tgfworld.org/ Website of the work of the foundation established by Dr. Abraham George (spoke at Siena spring 20004) near Bangalore, India.
- Voices of Young America for Global Engagement (VOYAGE) http://www.voyageweb.org/globalcitizens/. VOYAGE is a movement of young people working to inspire a globally engaged America. They envision an informed U.S. public that voices solidarity with our global community and acts to alleviate suffering across the world. VOYAGE pursues this vision through public outreach and grassroots networking, creating a variety of forums for youth to enrich the debate on America's role in the international community.
- Journal of Globalization for the Common Good: http://lass.calumet.purdue.edu/cca/jgcg/
- The Globalist http://www.theglobalist.com/
Daily online magazine on the global economy, politics and culture. Provides articles and book reviews. Also publishes articles in French, Spanish and German in the media corner. Published by a private business with profit and non-profit sections.
- The UN Wire. http://www.unfoundation.org/ Free registration at http://www.smartbrief.com/un_wire/#. Provides clipping service Monday-Friday sent to your e-mail address on issues before the UN. Includes peace and security, health, environment, women and children, population, development. Published by the United Nations Foundation (Ted Turner) and SmartBrief.
- World Press Review Online. https://worldpress.org/index.htm. Online version of monthly magazine which publishes articles (in translation) from around the world on issues of the day. Published by the Stanley Foundation.
- Yale Global Online http://yaleglobal.yale.edu/index.jsp
YaleGlobal Online is the flagship publication of the Yale Center for the Study of Globalization. The magazine explores the implications of the growing interconnectedness of the world by drawing on the rich intellectual resources of the Yale University community, scholars from other universities, and public- and private-sector experts from around the world. Publishes original articles and multi-media presentations. Also republishes, with a brief comment, important articles from other publications that illuminate the many sides of this complex phenomenon. To the extent permitted by copyright arrangements, YaleGlobal archives such articles and makes them available for search and retrieval. Is developing an archive of academic papers on globalization as well as book excerpts and reviews of books on the same subject. YaleGlobal also offers a selection of audio-visual presentations by speakers at Yale and elsewhere.