Student Learning Assessment Committee
The purpose of the Student Learning Assessment Committee (SLAC) is to improve academic program (major, minor, certificate, core) assessment of student learning. This will be accomplished by providing assessment guidance and support as well as development and opportunities to share “best practices”.
- Provide guidance in the development of student learning outcomes.
- Identify & deploy assessment resources.
- Create opportunities for communicating “best practices” and experiences across all three schools.
- Be advocates for student learning assessment.
- Provide counsel to departments to help facilitate the submission of required assessment documents.
Revise, if needed, current documentation and submission procedures to ensure a reasonable balance between required evidence and what is beneficial to the schools and academic departments.
- Develop and adopt an Assessment Cycle that:
- Emphasizes the importance of prioritizing student learning outcomes. Hence, not all student learning outcomes need to be assessed annually.
- Recognizes that (a) using the results, (b) making appropriate changes, (c) determining or affirming if student learning has improved as well as (d) conducting the assessment(s) are integral in the assessment of student learning.
APC Accomplishments 2010-11
APC Accomplishments 2009-10
APC Accomplishments 2008-09