The following tips may help prevent you from being victimized by crime on campus. This page will also describe important rules and regulations of the College. If you have any questions, call the Public Safety Office at 783-2376.
For Your General Safety
- Keep your door closed and locked, especially when you are not in your room or when you are sleeping. This will prevent unwanted guests from entering your room or townhouse. We have had many burglary and larceny reports where the resident of the room left the door or windows unlocked. Locking them would have prevented the loss of valuable items.
- Report any suspicious persons at once to the residence hall staff and the department of Public Safety at 783-2376.
For your personal safety
- Before opening your door to a caller, determine who it is.
- Be familiar with residence hall emergency procedures.
- If you must walk alone at night, use well-lighted and well-traveled routes.
Protect your possessions
- Keep your valuables in a safe place.
- Report the loss of any college-issued keys to your R.A. as soon as possible. Room locks will be changed for a charge to prevent the misuse of lost or stolen keys. Duplication of any Siena College key is against College Regulations and could result in criminal charges.
- Join operation identification---protect your valuables from being ripped off.
- Make sure your bicycle is securely locked in an appropriate area.
- Check to make sure that your family's homeowner's insurance policy covers your possessions while away from home.
- Contact the Department of Public Safety for information or assistance open 24 hours a day.
Unfortunately we can't be everywhere at once. For this reason, witnesses are one of our biggest assets. If you have any information regarding a pending case, call Public Safety at 783-2376. If you want to stay anonymous, go to the anonymous tips page and submit your information.