Faculty Support Services
Standish Library (L-232)
SERVICES THAT THE SECRETARIES WILL PROVIDE (listed with decreasing priority – priority will be followed when requests build up):
1. Requests by Faculty Chair and members of the General Faculty Committee.
2. Requests by members of COTFD, Handbook Committee, Faculty Memorial Scholarship Committee, Faculty Grievance Committee.
3. Assist with typing (Microsoft Word) articles, books/chapters, and research proposals for faculty.
4. Typing letters of reference (relating to students or colleagues).
5. Sending copying jobs to the Print Shop. The Print Shop also accepts electronic versions of documents (which is faster). You can email documents to the secretaries (email addresses shown above) specifying number of copies required, one-sided or two-sided, collated, stapled, date needed, and any other requirements you have. The copies will then be delivered to your school office.
6. Typing associated with Siena sponsored programs (non-recurring, special programs) run by the faculty.
7. Typing for institutes run by faculty.
8. General non-exam typing.
9. Typing of exams.
SERVICES THAT THE SECRETARIES WILL NOT PROVIDE:
1. Photocopying of any type or quantity. (We will send materials to the Print Shop for you.)
2. Any administrative work (departmental, certificate or professional programs, or any work related to the schools.)
3. Proctoring tests and quizzes. Contact your school office for this service.
Someone is in the office from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday during the academic year. Access to the office depends on library hours. The library opens at 8:00 a.m. during the academic year. During the summer, the office is staffed from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Mon.-Thurs., 7:00-12:30 Fri. Morning access to the office depends on the library’s summer hours.
Updated August 2011