Department Objectives and Student Learning Outcomes
1. Provide opportunities to assist all students in building an inclusive community at Siena, which is rooted in the Division of Student Affairs core values of Diversity, Optimism, Respect, and Service (DORS.)
- SLO1: Students will be able to identify interpersonal and group dynamics that serve as roadblocks to building an inclusive community.
- SLO2: Students will demonstrate the ability to develop and utilize effective strategies to challenge interpersonal and group dynamics that serve as roadblocks to building inclusive community.
- SLO3: Students will demonstrate and apply knowledge of pro-social behaviors that promote inclusive communities.
- SLO4: Students will demonstrate a belief that their uniqueness and differences are valued by and enrich the Siena community.
- SLO5: students will demonstrate and apply their knowledge of the DORS values to their interpersonal interactions.
2. Provide training to develop all students’ cross-cultural competencies for Social Justice
- SLO 1: Students will demonstrate and apply the knowledge and skills needed to be cross-culturally competent.
- SLO 2: Students will demonstrate and apply the knowledge and skills needed to advocate for social justice in a culturally diverse world.
- SLO 3: Students will demonstrate awareness that advocating for social justice is a Franciscan and Catholic value.
3. Provide identity development support for all students and in particular student affinity groups.
- SLO1: Students will demonstrate a belief that their uniqueness and differences are valued by and enrich the Siena community.
- SLO2: Students will demonstrate awareness, acceptance and affirmation of their intersecting multiple identities in order to be fully actualized person in society.
4. Provide programs that develop and support inter-faith dialogue efforts for the Siena community.
- SLO1: Students will demonstrate awareness that engaging in inter-faith dialogue is a value based on our Catholic and Franciscan heritage.
- SLO2: Students will demonstrate knowledge, skill and attitudes needed to effectively engage in inter-faith dialogue.