Director of the Standish Library
Siena College invites applications for the position of Director of the Standish Library. Applications will be accepted from October 15, 2013 through December 15, 2013. The position has an expected start date of Summer 2014.
The successful candidate should provide vision, strategic direction, and leadership to the library and should demonstrate expertise in developing and implementing technological innovations, managing library operations and budgets, and the ability to adapt to changing academic environments. The Director will be responsible for hiring and supervising a library staff of library faculty, other professional staff, and support staff. The Director of the Standish Library will be at the rank of Librarian.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Plan, develop, manage and assess the effectiveness of the Library’s educational services which includes materials selection and use, instruction, research assistance, media services, and resources and facilities provided to Siena’s students and faculty;
2. Coordinate the Library’s services and resources with academic departments, campus administrative units, campus committees, outside vendors and institutions, networks, and consortia;
3. Direct the human resource management of the Library, including assignments of duties, hiring, supervision and evaluation. Serve in the role of dean/department head in matters related to library faculty;
4. Prepare, monitor, authorize and assess budget allocations including personnel, facilities, information technology, strategic planning, materials, equipment and contract services; develop grants; and solicit gifts;
5. Develop and maintain contacts with vendors, networks, consortia and other cooperative ventures to improve delivery of services and resources to Siena’s students and faculty;
6. Oversee operations of records management, automation systems, databases, college archives and art curatorial services; and
7. Participate in the Library’s instructional and research assistance programs.
1. Possess a Master’s degree from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited institution. A second master’s degree preferred
Applications should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a vision statement for the future of liberal arts college libraries and three professional references. Electronic submission through Interfolio is required. Please submit materials to http://apply.interfolio.com/23428 no later than December 15, 2013. Only complete applications will be reviewed. For questions or further information, please contact Diana King at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Siena College is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V and encourages applications from all interested candidates. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Siena College surveys all job applicants in accordance with the U.S. Department of Labor’s affirmative action requirements. Therefore, we request that in addition to your application, you complete the Equal Employment Opportunity Questionnaire provided on the Interfolio site. Any information you choose to provide the Equal Employment Opportunity Data Form will be treated as personal and confidential and will be kept separate from your application for employment. Your cooperation is key to maintaining an effective equal opportunity program at Siena College and is greatly appreciated.
Siena College is committed to attracting, supporting, and retaining a diverse faculty. We actively encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, veterans, and others who may make a positive contribution to the diversification of ideas and perspectives.
Siena College is a private, Catholic, coeducational liberal arts college in the Franciscan tradition serving 2,900 undergraduate students located in New York’s Capital District. In September 1999, the College opened the J. Spencer & Patricia Standish Library which is 72,000 square-foot facility with more than 360,000 volumes and provides access to 100 computer stations, a computer laboratory, and a 60-seat screening room.